Nelson Comprehension CD-ROM 1
The Nelson Comprehension CD-ROM includes fully interactive and multimodal whiteboard resources to support teaching, group speaking and listening and drama activities and full assessment review. The CD-ROM can be used as a stand-alone comprehension resource or to support the print components in the scheme.
- Nelson Comprehension series fully enables and supports the teaching and learning of key comprehension skills (both fiction and non-fiction).
- The series covers Years 1 to 6, each with a Teacher's Book, Pupil Book and CD-ROM, and the series will be matched to National Curriculum Assessment focusses, the renewed framework and Scottish 5-14/Curriculum for Excellence.
- The series encompasses a three stage approach:
- 1. 'Teach' skills using exemplar text, focussing on skills such as inference, evaluation, summarising, finding information and interpreting information.
- 2. 'Talk' is based around children in groups who are presented with a further text, and after some preliminary oral discussion - set a discussion, role play or drama task.
- 3. 'Write' is about giving children an unseen text which then tests the same skills that they've been learning, whether in an individual written exercise or an oral class test.
- There is also a series of 'snapshots' on the ICT where a teacher can assess a struggling reader's thinking skills using visual/audio images.
|Level:||Primary KS2 (Age 7-11yrs)|
|Product Group:||Primary Language|