Key features of Nelson Thornes Biology for IGCSE®:
- Content is presented clearly and concisely to make it accessible for international school students with wide ranging backgrounds.
- Topics are presented in an innovative ‘lesson on a page’ double page spread format, providing all pertinent material and emphasizing the key learning points.
- Tips and hints throughout to address common examination misconceptions and errors.
- Each chapter has a section of exam-style questions, written by examiners to closely match papers 1, 2 and 3
- A section dedicated to the Alternative to Practical paper prepared by an examiner for Paper 6
- A revision checklist covering the whole Cambridge IGCSE syllabus to make sure students know what they have covered
Double-page spread features
- Learning outcomes - these are clearly stated at the start of each spread. Extension outcomes are also stated where applicable
- As well as being presented in a direct and accessible manner, content is supplemented by flow diagrams, tables and bulleted text
- Practical activities – these allow students to take an active approach to science
- Extension material – this is clearly distinguished where it occurs
- Examiner says – notes written by principal examiners to help students overcome common misconceptions and errors
- Did you know – interesting information that uses contexts relevant to international school students
- Summary questions – test and consolidate students’ learning
- Key points – at the end of the spread, these relate directly to the learning objectives and provide the key information that students need to learn